How to use Mirroring Technique in Body Language for my benefit?

Mirroring can be used as a tool for building rapport. Being similar or having someone similar in your vicinity creates a feeling of ease, comfort, being understood, protected (should there appear a threat of any sort, there's two of you now), etc.


What is all this knowledge good for?
So you can use the power of mirroring to create these feelings in the one you are mirroring. They'll then subconsciously link all those positive feelings back to you (after all, you are the one actively mirroring) and rapport and trust is naturally going to develop between you.


How, whom, from where should you mirror, and when?

Whom ?- that's easy, the person you want of course!

How?- by assuming the same posture, doing the same movements with your hands, in all respects using your body in a similar fashion to theirs.

From where and to mirror? - the most common situation is when you're talking to them. But you can also try mirroring from a distance, say in a classroom, meeting, night-club or cafeteria, just make sure they have a chance to subconsciously detect you mirroring them, in other words, they must be able to see you.


Here’s a quote on body language that shows just how affective the mirroring technique can really be. The power one gains with mastering this technique will echo in all areas of that person's life and can bring many opportunities that might otherwise would be difficult to obtain.

Maxim Magazine: “I love it when a guy sort of mirrors my physical behavior, like when I’m sitting across from him and I lean in to say something, I like him to lean in. If I’m talking really fast, and he can keep up with me, it makes me feel like we’re in the same place. If I’m being a little frenetic and he’s slow and relaxed and laid-back, I feel really close to him.
—Carlie, 30, Salt Lake City”



The information on this site is very powerful and affective if applied correctly. Please be aware of this fact and use it for your benefit but NOT excluding others. In other words, practice responsibly! After all, we exist simultaneously but in different awarenesses. The aim of this site is to benefit it's readers and be more successful.



Give me a Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering Mirroring Body Language

Advanced Mirroring Technique of Body Language

Tell me about: Instant Rapport

How to SYNCHRONIZE Body Language--Instant Rapport Building Technique!

How to use Rapport Techniques on the Phone

Key Points on Rapport Building over the Phone

More on Body Language Secrets Revealed